Announcement: WOPS Information & Updates Related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Have you visited a quality school library program recently? They are not what you might remember from your own school years. Macatawa Bay Middle School and Harbor Lights Middle School libraries feature varied and current resources for our students and staff to foster curiosity, collaboration, and creativity. They are staffed with full-time library assistants and an MLS certified school librarian to teach information literacy and provide curricular collaboration. From tech support for Chromebooks and other educational technologies, to makerspace creative projects, to flexible learning spaces for students to learn to work together or find an independent place to focus, our middle school libraries are the place to be.
Follow us on Twitter: @wo_mslibs
Who do I contact at the middle school libraries for help?
Where can I find additional resources from the library?
You can view our external website for additional resources available to students.
What external resources do you recommend for researching?
- Michigan e-Library (MeL) – 24/7 online library for Michigan residents. Instant access to full-text articles from tens of thousands of magazines and newspapers. Order materials from other MI libraries through interlibrary loans. Featured pages for Teens, College Prep, Databases, Michigana and more!
- Herrick District Library – Local public library. Access to books, technology, e-books, and more. Be sure to check out their Teen page featuring new YA books and upcoming teen events!
- Van Wylen Library – Library at Hope College in Holland, MI. Access permitted for guests for borrowing privileges (fee required) and more scholarly research.
- KDL “What’s Next” Database – Search for the next book in a series!
- EasyBib – Generate free MLA citations. Create APA and Chicago citations with a subscription.
- KnightCite – Generate free MLA, APA, and Chicago citations.
What current events are happening at the library?
What is Mrs. Dobrez's expertise in?
Mrs. Dobrez is an expert in middle school reading and current youth literature and is eager to help students find just the right book, and she runs an after school BBYA Book Club for students, featuring access to recent and not-yet-published middle school books.