Academics at West Ottawa Public Schools:
Challenging Students to Achieve High Expectations
The West Ottawa Public Schools curriculum is student-centered and standards based.
Our core curriculum:
• provides students with brain-compatible instruction focused on rigorous and relevant core concepts
• is learned through multiple instructional strategies applied in multiple contexts
• meets the needs of diverse learners
As students learn the core concepts, they develop an understanding of the relationships and connections of significant knowledge, facts, and skills necessary to be successful in the 21st century.
New Programs, New Choices, Unlimited Possibilities
We are looking forward to the start of this school year and the opportunity to work with you and your children.
We are also very excited about the many new programs we will be offering that will greatly benefit the West Ottawa community.
Throughout the school year, we will be meeting with parent groups to provide additional information about our timelines and added benefits for students.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Advanced Courses/Programs
- Blended Courses
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Middle School Advanced Course Offerings
- Montessori Program
- Spanish Immersion
West Ottawa Public Schools: Preparing Students to be College, Career and Life Ready!