West Ottawa Library and Media Center Program
The West Ottawa library and media center staff fosters a nurturing environment enabling all the members of the learning community to become independent readers and effective users of ideas and information in a diverse and ever-changing world.
- All members of the learning community will demonstrate a respect for the library as a comfortable place where they will find openness, collaboration, and validation of their individual worth.
- All members of the learning community will pursue their own interests at their own pace, making their own connections and decisions.
- All members of the learning community will discover and evaluate the resources that explore the range of human experience.
- All members of the learning community will use the library to test their ideas and take risks in a supportive environment which encourages curiosity, exploration, and wonder.
- All members of the learning community will integrate prior knowledge and experiences into life skills.
K – 12 Culminating Outcomes
Students will use the full range of print and non-print library resources to produce and present research projects, both as an individual and as a member of a team.
Students will recognize the value in all genres, independently choosing, reading, and evaluating a variety of media for purpose and for pleasure, sharing their reactions with others in a presentation.