For several years, West Ottawa Public Schools has been offering students the opportunity to take online courses through Michigan Virtual University (MVU). Our experience with MVU has been a good experience for our district. MVU offers many classes aligned to the Michigan Merit Curriculum (MMC). Please review the Parent Letter outlining the details.
For more information on Expanding Online Learning and the Implementation of 21f, please click on the link.
If your student is interested in enrolling in an online course, please make sure that you follow the steps listed below.
- Review and discuss the Characteristics of Successful Online Learners.
- Review the link to Parent Guide to Online Learning published by MVU.
- Print and complete the Online Learning Questionnaire.
- Review the courses offered in the Michigan Online Course Catalog (select statewide catalog).
- Print and complete the Online Learning Course Request Form.
- Return the above forms to the school counselor/principal
- Schedule a meeting with the counselor/principal, student, and parent/guardian during the course registration window
- Complete the Online Learning Contract
- Complete enrollment