Harbor Lights and Macatawa Bay Middle School Libraries and Media Centers
- Library of Links (curriculum websites)
- Approaches to Learning (more curriculum support)
- Grolier Online Encyclopedias – Harbor Lights Access
- Grolier Online Encyclopedias – Macatawa Bay Access
- InfoTrac & Gale Databases
- Michigan Electronic Library Databases
- CultureGrams Database (now available free from MEL link above)
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Babelfish Translation
- Works Cited Bibliography Help
- Sample Bibliography
- KnightCite (MLA format bibliography creator)
- Bookends Blog (Mrs. Dobrez & Mrs. Rutan’s book reviews)
If there is a website you would like added to this page, or to Library of Links for your curriculum, please let us know and we will add it.
Like to read and talk about books? The Best Books for Young Adults Club (BBYA) has its next meeting for 6th-12th grade students New Members are always welcome! More information about BBYA and the upcoming meeting dates are available here.
Mrs. Dobrez featured in “People Making a Difference” Column
Mrs. Dobrez was interviewed by the Christian Science Monitor about her role as a middle school librarian and how she makes a difference in the lives of her students. Read the article here.
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
If our winter is not cold and snowy enough for you, this book will make up for it. In 1941 Lina and her family are taken by the Russians from their Lithuanian home and deported to Siberia in a story based on the author’s family’s experiences with Stalin’s Reign of Terror. This is a harrowing story that also reveals the power of the human spirit.